Yes our jubilant June is at a mid-way place on the calendar as we speak to a few of these celebrations, we will also explore a few ways to align & realign with the shine of our divine design!
This very day of June 14 is Flag Day in the United States; a day set aside on May 30, 1916, by then President Woodrow Wilson. Many Americans will be displaying the red, white and blue in front of homes and businesses; our little town is no doubt lined with flags by now set out early this morning by the dedicated boy scouts. The flag was originally commissioned by George Washington to seamstress Betsy Ross in June of 1776 to represent our country in anticipation of our declaration of independence. Each star represents a state, Hawaii being the last to be added in 1960, the stripes the original 13 colonies. The Native Americans have never been represented on our flag signaling a certain lack of unity this country was founded on. This destructive division still threatens us now. May we wrap ourselves in the flag this day with great compassion, tolerance, acceptance of who we be as a nation ~ tempered with the warrior spirit of our eagle to cry out and rise up against injustice.Yes, not a war general or president, a great storyteller, Aesop is the one to say “United we stand, divided we fall.” Check out those fables here!
Just as our daily news is riddled with alarming stories of corruption and disruption, there are the million hearts of light and Love praying, speaking up, marching, reaching out … Shining light through kind words and gestures of acceptance and support. In this holiest month of the Muslim calendar, Ramadan, there is a beautiful letter writing campaign you can see ~ and participate in ~ at Do Something.org. Breathe in this beauty in this Sincerely Us one minute YouTube video of young, caring voices:
YES for LOVE! Though I am hugely grateful for those who are fighting injustice as necessary like our CA Senator Kamala Harris and our CA governor Jerry Brown who is committed to the Paris Climate Change agreement, it is the loving hearts of all ages who will see us through these evolutionary birthing pains into living more of the divine design with SHINE!
This month and next, I am celebrating at Creative Spirit Families and at Spiritual Life Center, SEAing the divine. Our infinite oceans and the truly AHmazing life forms that live there provide an excellent backdrop for a deep dive into the infinity of divinity. Our ‘Creature Teachers’ like sea stars (aka starfish) offer how they can regenerate an arm if it’s lost ~ we, too can reclaim the shine of our design! And! Seahorses! Their chameleon capacity to change colors and structures coupled with their eyes that can move and see independently of each other make them great teachers of adaptation and going with the flow of what is. They also teach us about the unexpected deviation of ‘normals’ by the fact that they are the only species on earth where the male carries the eggs and gives live birth. So! Father’s Day! Seahorses are THE dads, hugh?! According to Wikipedia, Father’s Day came along in the U.S. after a few struggling efforts to launch the day. In companionship to Mother’s Day, the day has been celebrated almost as long though fathers have reportedly been honored and celebrated along with Saint Joseph feast day on March 19 as far back as the middle ages. Ah, so many lenses of history, humanity, nature, and divinity can and so define our reality!
And so it is we have our traditions and revisions. No matter what our personal and collective trials, we find ways to adapt to new ‘normals’. And! As conscious co-creators we have a constant invitation to shine the Light of Love on what we are co-creating! Here on this side of the world, we have Summer Solstice next week, June 21. The longest day of light allows us to see so clearly what we’re up to and what, if any, changes we deem needed to align/realign with the shine of our divine design. On the other side of the planet, the longest night offers the same invitation in a different way as the darkness can also illuminate our path. What do we wish to create? What seeds will we nurture for our ultimate shine and brightest design of the divine?!! As reported last month, I took a part time job at our old church, Spiritual Life Center which has me co-creating from PlayShop to Sunday Experience. I have remembered and implemented that I don’t believe in Sunday school ~ for so many reasons! I do believe that coming together each Sunday to experience the divine is a fine, fine way to align with our brightest design.
So! Here’s a glimpse of last Sunday … from our children’s church gathering of setting the altar ~ in this case with shells and glass, to singing the affirmation, “I am a bright light” to praying as we pass the heartbeat of shine within us hand to hand around the circle, to listening to the seashell in meditation to having the power of light in our hands … to erase mistakes and align with shine. Then! On to creating at the creation stations! Back to the circle for sharing, song, and praying out and on our way with Unity’s Prayer of Protection.
In keeping with the Solstice spotlight on my own personal life, this new church creation has been wonderful in many ways and I have also been on complete overload with my life as it continues to be ~ taking care of my father and so many details of his life on the ranch, throwing an 80th birthday party for my mama’s June birthday, doing the family program for the San Francisco Folk Music Club’s Free Folk Festival again this year (and missing Faith~!), mothering Jeremiah having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled and taking 3 summer online college courses while going to Boy’s State for a week, East for 3 weeks, Band Camp for a week ~ showing me the ‘sins of the fathers/mothers’ so clearly! “Sins” means mistakes and overload, overwhelm, and overdo are highly prized sins of mine! Yet! Divine design WILL bring us back to shine whenever we choose to align!
So! Here’s 9 fine, favorite ways to align with (my) shine:
1. Quiet Time ~ This can be just absolute rest and/or listening for the divine!
2. Nature ~ Walk, look, listen! From the leaves on the trees to the clouds in the sky, nature can always help align us high!
3. Introspection ~ Journaling and/or thinking deep as we listen for the still small voice of wisdom always ready to be heard.
4. PLAY! Allowing myself time to do what feels good, joyful, playful. From paintbrush to beach walk, playtime is different for each of us and often dependent on the day/time of our calendar lives. Yet whether it’s moments or days, there is great freedom and alignment with play!
5. Inspiration ~ This too is different for each of us yet reading or listening to a master teacher can help us realign. Inspiration can also come from music, a friend, nature … an infinity of ways!
6. Process yucky feelings! In order to align with our divine shine, we sometimes or oftentimes must first release the yuckies; exercise, journaling, screaming, crying ~! As I’ve talked to here many times, I love the Healing Codes, Emotion Codes, Access Consciousness.
7. Be a Sovereign Being! Unplug from all the yucky of others so that you are not aligned with THAT! From family to the collective uproars, negativity is always swirling with the invitation to join in. Be aware! Access Consciousness has a great tool in the question, “Who does this belong to?” If what you are feeling is not yours, it will drop away. If you have been triggered, then you need to use other ways to release. We are in a constant vibrational matching game so stay sovereign and match HIGH!
8. Affirm and Deny ~ Affirming the truth of who we truly be while denying the lies, is a great way to align. i.e., the voice of “I can’t do this” surfaces so we can meet that with a definitive affirmation of “I can” or a definitive choice of “I choose to know I can do this.” “I choose to find the help I need to do this.” “I choose to release the fear and doubt so I can do this.”
9. Ask Questions! While the power of affirmation is great, it is also limiting. When we ask questions, we open up to the infinity of divinity to answer them. Just keep asking and be opening for answers that can come in all ways. Again, from Access Consciousness, they always ask, “How does it get any better than this?” By asking that, we are opening up to greater ways of experiencing happiness and thereby ourselves as infinite beings shining our divine design.
With the last few months of familial and (other) work creation, some aspects of Leaping Literacy Library and Creative Spirit Families are in a divine order holding pattern … swirling and twirling into more better, I am trusting! There are lots of fun freebies as always + we have reduced our Marvelous Membership fee for the shining, sizzling summer: a divine $99 for a year’s access to hundreds of videos, songs, Laurie StorEBooks and ALOT of new content being birthed. Hoping to have that NEWs in jolly July!
In the divine shine of our design, so it is we go …
In this divine design month of shine, may we each and all see our daily purpose through the eyes of the divine. May we love ourselves and each other deeply with compassion and tenderness. We are all the same creation of Love on this journey of life … living in a sea of infinity and divinity. I bow to you now in a Namaste of your infinite potentiality as you shine your own divine design. Namaste, Love!