Namaste this Mindful Monday!
I received a lovely Sunshine Award nomination this last week which is apparently circulating the blogoshere … Dr. Angela Kowitz Orobko is a consummate blogger and I referred to her Kiss of Bliss blog here a few weeks back: http://akissofbliss.wordpress.com She weaves her art with insightful commentary & lots of useful references and resources so she always has interesting, informative & inspirational posts. So thank you Dr. Angi & because you thought enough of my little weekly blog here to pass the Award wand to me, I will pass it on. Though I must say, I must modify the rules (don’t I always?) a bit according to my abilities.
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog ~ Dr. Angi!
- Answer 10 questions about yourself ~ Do I hafta?
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers ~ I don’t get out much … I’m nominating 2!
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated~ Will do~
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you. Hugs & kisses to Dr. Angi & Kiss Of Bliss http://akissofbliss.wordpress.com
- Favorite color: Rainbow (all colors!)
OK, today, orange for sunshine and the fruit that is the color and the sunshine state that grows the fruit!
- Favorite animal: Giraffe or turtle or frog (do amphibians count?)
- Favorite number: 7
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Water (really!)
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook (only because I never go on Twitter!)
- My passion: Creative Expression
- Prefer getting or giving presents: I prefer giving presents (though I also like giving to me which also = getting!)
- Favorite pattern: Circle (It’s never broken!) ~Mandala, endless patterns
- Favorite day of the week: Sundays (churches fill up with folks celebrating God!)
- Favorite flower: China Lilies
Here are my top picks of blogs that bring Sunshine:
Well, I’m sure there are many light filled blogs out there but I just don’t get out much. However, I do have 2 wonderful recommendations for you. Both of these ladies are artists who live in beautiful, nature filled places. They both share their art and the wonderous places they live as well as their poetic hearts & musings.
http://starbear.wordpress.com/ EnJOY Starbear’s “Place of Spirit, Spirit of Place ~ Joy”
http://wwwmountain-momentscom.blogspot.com/ EnJOY Carol’s “Mountain Moments”!
So, this exercise has brought to light many lovely lessons. First, it is a wonderful thing to acknowledge the work & passions of others. Next, I don’t like picking favorites. Also, I don’t like ‘have-tos’! And finally, as with all things, everything we say yes to necessarily means we are saying no to other things. So hopefully, at the end of the day, we can award ourselves the “Wise use Of Time & Energy Award” which can always use the light of discernment!
Each season brings new choices for our time it seems. For the Season Of Peace & Non-Violence, Jeremiah & I performed a Peace Concert yesterday. It was a joyous, love filled event full of high vibrations. And I have been spending lots of time with Jeremiah’s class producing a Peace Cabaret that culminates this week in school-wide performances. The kids have come a looooooooooooong way and I think we will be having a very positive impact on others and on the planetary vibration with our efforts. A combination of music & drama, Jeremiah is playing a few of his favorites, George Washington Carver and Frederick Douglas. He also solos John Lennon’s Imagine with voice & keyboard. I feel so blessed to be able to serve him, his classmates & school with this project. And when the stresses or gremlins come up questioning this use of time, I just affirm my gratitude from my sunshine self that knows my young son will soon be a man quite capable of orchestrating his own creative projects. Now is my time to be his mother and it is a job I treasure.
When we look at our lives as treasure ~ even and especially the challenges ~ that’s when the miracle mindset can take root and grow. Last week’s Mindful Meditation Invitation was to embrace all of creation, including our co-creations as monumental miracles. This week, as we move into Holy Week, I invite you to see your life as the greatest gift you’ve ever been given … and yes, that includes every challenge. Affirm the light filled presence of all things possible Love … all things possible God filling your every breath.
Join us at New Thought Families for our daily Play & Pray Calendar as well as our other intergenerational, interfaith offerings like music videos. Here’s Jeremiah & I in the music video, God Spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-m3jXqb8Ds